This is officially the best view in UK
The view from the summit of Snowdon taking in a legendary lake has just been named as the UK’s best sight.
The landscape from the Snowdon mountain, a panorama looking from the 1,085m peak to Llyn Llydaw, topped a poll of more than 2,500 people, beating the Three Sisters mountains in Scotland’s Glencoe Valley, and even Stonehenge in Wiltshire, BBC reports.
The location is legendary, reputedly linked to King Arthur, his sword Excalibur, and the Lady of the Lake.
Rolling countryside is the most important factor of a quintessentially British view, according to Samsung, the company behind the poll.
The top ten views:
1. Snowdonia – view of Llyn Llydaw from the summit of Snowdon, Wales
2. Three Sisters mountains, Glencoe Valley, Scotland
3. Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England
4. St Ives Bay, Cornwall, England
5. Cheddar Gorge, Somerset, England
6. Loch Ness – view from Dores, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
7. Buttermere, Lake District, England
8. Westminster Bridge – view of the Palace of Westminster, London, England
9. Giant’s Causeway, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
10. Loch Lomond – view from Conic Hill, Dunbartonshire, Scotland